Discussion Topics

« Return to Research

International research oportunity on students and sustainability

I just sent this blast:

Hi all,

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer (or winter if you’re in the southern hemisphere!).

I’m getting in touch regarding an opportunity to collaborate on some research looking into student attitudes towards and experiences of learning about sustainability.  You may know that in the UK, we have carried out research over the past 6 years on this subject.  The research has grown to be well known and developed into an influential campaigning tool as we’re able to demonstrate strong student demand for sustainability – for example:

- approximately 80% of students think sustainability is something their university should be taking action on.

- approximately two thirds of student want to learn more about sustainable development.

Our 6th report is due to be published in October, but you can read our report from year 5 here: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resource/student-attitudes-towards-and-skills-sustainable-development-2015

We will be carrying out the research again in October 2016, and think that extending the research beyond the UK would present a really powerful argument for student desire for action on sustainability.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this opportunity and discussing how we can collaborate on this research, please do get in touch at rachel.drayson@nus.org.uk

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

Rachel Drayson

Insight Manager – Sustainability

National Union of Students – UK

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Students Organizing for Sustainability